It is being banned from graduation ceremonies, chaplains all over America are being forbidden from using His name in their prayers, and many school officials all over the nation have become absolutely fanatical about eliminating every trace of Christian expression from their schools.
One elementary school in North Carolina even ordered a little six-year-old girl to remove the word ‘God’ from a poem that she had written to honor her grandfathers.
Political correctness is spreading like a cancer in this country, and our ‘freedom of religion’ is rapidly being transformed into a guarantee of ‘freedom from religion’ for those that hate the Christian faith.
Without a doubt, there is a war on the Christian faith in America today. It is being waged in classrooms, courtrooms and churches all over the nation.
The following is an excerpt from a speech that Rand Paul gave earlier this year:
There is a war on Christianity, not just from liberal elites here at home, but worldwide.
And your government, or more correctly, you, the taxpayer, are funding it.
A recently released 140 page report entitled “The Survey of Religious Hostility in America” included some more examples of how Christianity is being systematically oppressed in America today…
- A federal judge threatened ‘incarceration’ to a high school valedictorian unless she removed references to Jesus from her graduation speech.
- City officials prohibited senior citizens from praying over their meals, listening to religious messages or singing gospel songs at a senior activities center.
- A public school official prevented a student from handing out flyers inviting her classmates to an event at her church.
- A public university’s law school banned a Christian organization because it required its officers to adhere to a statement of faith that the university disagreed with.
- The U.S. Department of Justice argued before the Supreme Court that the federal government can tell churches and synagogues which pastors and rabbis it can hire and fire.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs banned the mention of God from veterans’ funerals, overriding the wishes of the deceased’s families.
- A federal judge held that prayers before a state House of Representatives could be to Allah but not to Jesus.
Are you starting to get the picture?
And one of the biggest battlegrounds for religious freedom in America at the moment is the U.S. military.
Right now, there are some very powerful forces that are trying to eradicate all expressions of the Christian faith from the U.S. military. It has gotten so bad that a 23 year Air Force veteran was recently ordered to remove his Bible from his desk, and the Air Force recently came out and announced that service members are only allowed to talk about their faith if it “does not make others uncomfortable“.
The U.S. military is a far different institution than it once was. Today, political correctness rules the U.S. military.
Read full report from The American Dream
Will America be able to stand if we continue to try to push every shred of the Christian faith out of public life?
What do you think? Please feel free to post a comment with your thoughts below.